We have been shortlisted! We are delighted to be nominated for 5 Tech for Good awards for our work with South African charity Shout It Now. Read more here.
A Start point is where works enters your process.
You can have as many Start points as you like.
To create a Start, click the Start button on Drawing Simulation Objects Panel and then click where you want the Start on the simulation window. Connect it to other objects using routing arrows.
To move an Start: drag it on the simulation window. To copy an Start: drag it with the CTRL key on the keyboard held down.
To inspect or change the Start's parameters select it and it's contextual ribbon tab will open. Alternatively double click on the Start on the simulation window, this will open the Gateway Dialog box.
- Type - The BPMN sub type for this object
- Timing - This is the average time between each arrival of new work at the Start object
- Memo - Add some extra notes about the activity
- Finance - Add costing information to be able to calculate cost impact of your process
- Results - After the simulation run, see how your activity performed
BPMN simulation features are only available in Simul8 2012 and higher.