We have been shortlisted! We are delighted to be nominated for 5 Tech for Good awards for our work with South African charity Shout It Now. Read more here.
My Simulation Runs Too Slowly
If Simul8 has become very slow at the end of a simulation run or while resetting the clock this is because Windows has placed a large percentage of the data about the simulation run on disk because it ran out of RAM.
Here are some ideas for removing this delay:
- Check to make sure you have the recommended System Requirements.
- Reduce the number of Simulation Objects that save results information. Typically most simulations only need to collect results on 10% of their objects - Simul8 defaults to collecting results on all objects.
- Reduce the length of the Results Collection Period. This is only possible if your simulation is running from longer than is necessary for valid results to be collected.
- Increase the Results Synchronization Interval. The default time interval is 5 time units. If your Results Collection Period is long (100's of times this) then you can probably increase this interval substantially and still obtain accurate results. Find out more about this here.
- Check more tips for Speeding Up Your Simulation